Thursday, September 13, 2012

.Peace and Love. | A Tribute

My beautiful friend Cari lost her husband Eric a few weeks ago to a form of leukemia. I'm sure you've all seen his name floating around the internet and, if you haven't, his story is amazing. 

I have, truthfully, been putting off this blog post as I was completely unsure as to what I would say. I met some amazing families for some photos on a Sunday afternoon and everything I earned went to L.I.F.E....it was all I could do. I couldn't stop the cancer from attacking or keep him here longer but I could pray and I could donate....so, these amazingly generous people met me and we had some fun. It had just poured rain and we ended up rescheduling due to a number of cancellations but I loved how eager and willing these people were. Our community has truly rallied around this cause and I am proud to have been such a tiny part of it. It is true...we all will die but how will we spend these precious days...how will we make this L.I.F.E something we are proud of? Not a single day of Eric's life was wasted and that truly is a victory.

It is my greatest hope and prayer that we never forget...never stop talking...and never stop fighting for Eric. I ask that you continue to pray for comfort and strength as his family continues to move on without him. Tonight, these are for him. 











No comments :

Post a Comment